Over the past year many have watched their TVs and every night been disgusted by the murder of innocent children in Syria and Yemen.East Riding residents will be shocked to learn that ERYC invest part of their Pension Fund in arms. At the Pension Committee, which I sit on, on Friday 4 November I requested that the ten members of the Committee hold a vote to stop ERYC investing in arms.
This vote will take place on Friday 17 March 2017.
I encourage residents to lobby their Ward Councillors to vote against ERYC investing in arms.
- Councillor Aird – Conservative
- Councillor Billinger – Labour
- Councillor Birmingham – Conservative
- Councillor Healy – Liberal
- Councillor Holtby – Conservative
- Councillor Meredith – Conservative
- Councillor Mole – Conservative
- Councillor Steel – Conservative
- Councillor Strangeway – Independent
- Councillor Wilkinson – Conservative
Please click on each link for contact details.
On such a matter of conscience, I would request all political parties to allow a free vote with no application of party whips.