Like many others I am enjoying the Christmas/New Year period to catch up on some rest. Yesterday, after an afternoon sampling real ale with a friend in York, my wife and I enjoyed a Chinese takeaway.
As we settled down for the night there was a knock at our door. I was greeted to the sight of a Police 4×4 on our drive and two Police officers. After inviting the officers in they informed me that they had been ordered to deliver a message to me from Inspector Coulthard, Community Inspector Beverley Ward Area. The message was:
“Not to contact Councillor Kerri Harold via private message on social media”
- I have never contacted Conservative Councillor Kerri Harold via private message on social media.
- Will Humberside Police now be visiting me on a regular basis to inform me not to undertake other activities I have never undertaken?
- Humberside Police have no lawful right to harass and intimidate.
- Since when did Humberside Police become a messenger service for ERYC Conservatives?
- Humberside Police acted ultra vires by “delivering” the message.
- Humberside Police, at a time of cut backs, wasted valuable resources being a messenger service.
- Inspector Coulthard is on leave until January 3rd.
Moving Forward – Humberside Police
- I have requested the full paper trial.
- I hope to discuss the harassment and intimidation with a senior officer this morning.
- I will request to be informed under what legislation permitted Inspector Coulthard to order two officers to deliver me the message.
- I will request a full and unreserved apology from Humberside Police and Inspector Coulthard.
I will discuss the matter with my legal advisors.