As a proud East Riding man I established the East Riding flag and have slept at the five extreme points of the Riding.
Fundamental to my life as a campaigner is to ensure that public servants conduct themselves as per the Nolan Principles.
- Selflessness – Holders of public office should act solely in terms of the public interest.
- Integrity – Holders of public office must avoid placing themselves under any obligation to people or organisations that might try inappropriately to influence them in their work. They should not act or take decisions in order to gain financial or other material benefits for themselves, their family, or their friends. They must declare and resolve any interests and relationships.
- Objectivity – Holders of public office must act and take decisions impartially, fairly and on merit, using the best evidence and without discrimination or bias.
- Accountability – Holders of public office are accountable to the public for their decisions and actions and must submit themselves to the scrutiny necessary to ensure this.
- Openness – Holders of public office should act and take decisions in an open and transparent manner. Information should not be withheld from the public unless there are clear and lawful reasons for so doing.
- Honesty – Holders of public office should be truthful.
- Leadership – Holders of public office should exhibit these principles in their own behaviour. They should actively promote and robustly support the principles and be willing to challenge poor behaviour wherever it occurs.
Currently my life as an East Riding campaigner is mainly exercised as an East Riding of Yorkshire Council (ERYC) Councillor for Pocklington Provincial Ward.
I am appalled by the conduct of some senior ERYC Officers and Tory Councilors. So long as these people remain in public office I will exercise my Article 10 right to Political Expression and hold them to account in the court of public opinion.
Andy Strangeway Campaigner Facebook Page
Please see the new Andy Strangeway Campaigner Facebook page.
To hold those “alleged public servants” in the East Riding to account who do not conduct themselves as per the Nolan Principles I need to share my campaigns more widely across the East Riding. To achieve this I am seeking donations to pay for advertisements across Facebook, publish leaflets etc.