In Pock Market – Common Sense Must Prevail I shared copy of a Parking Ticket (PCN) issued by ERYC for parking in Market Place after the early closure of the market. ERYC claimed no such ticket existed. The ticket existed but with the wrong location stated.
As a result of my appeal against the PCN not only have they now accepted the PCN existed but they have cancelled said PCN. As parking and the challenging of unlawful PCNs was a specialist subject in my pre Councillor days I knew they had no option but to cancel the PCN.
This leaves the following questions unanswered:
- How many PCNs have ERYC issued for Market Place and wrongly stated Market Street for the past six years?
- Will the Traffic Warden now receive training in how to read a map of Pocklington?
- Will ERYC now cease to issue PCNs for Market Place after the Market has closed on a Tuesday and support Pocklington business?
Requests To ERYC
I have requested
- That ERYC reimburse all monies paid for all PCNs issued for Market Place and wrongly stating Market Street for the past six years.
- That the Traffic Warden is given map reading training to ensure that no similar mistake is made in future.
- Confirmation that ERYC will cease to issue PCNs for Market Place after the Market has closed on a Tuesday and that they will support Pocklington businesses.
If ERYC do not cease to issue PCNs for up to four hours after the Market has closed on a Tuesday I will be forced to either:
- Gather a petition from businesses affected and/or
- Put a motion before Full Council requesting ERYC support Pocklington businesses when the market closes early.