Following on from the publishing of Pock Town Council: A Bodge Too Far residents have contacted me to raise further concerns with regards the various planters in Pocklington.
- The planter on Market Place is also dilapidated.
- The planter outside the Pocklington Town Council offices looks unsightly and resembles a water tank.
- The new plastic green planters on George Street are out of keeping with the brick-built planters in Pocklington.
- The wooden planters on Market Place are out of keeping with the brick planters.
- Whether due process has been followed.
I have requested an urgent meeting with ERYC to discuss the concerns raised.
In addition, I will request ERYC carry out a review into the Pocklington Planters and that no new planters are put on the public footpath in Pocklington until this review is completed. Of course action may be required to ensure current planters are made safe.