I have register a formal complaint against the four bullying ERYC Tory Councillors – Cllrs Pearson, Stathers, Temple and West. Please see Tory Councillors Bully Speaker At Planning.
“I would like to register formal complaints against Cllrs Pearson, Stathers, Temple and West.
Could I please refer you to Link? Please confirm that this is acceptable as evidence as to the events that happened.
- Cllr Pearson – his rant against me was bullying and not treating me with respect. By storming out he brought ERYC into disrepute.
- Cllr Stathers – his attempt to silence me was bullying and not treating me with respect. He brought his role as Chair and ERYC into disrepute not only by this but also by allowing Cllr West and Cllr Temple to vote despite the fact that they left the meeting for approximately 10 minutes.
- Cllr Temple – her rant against me was bullying and not treating me with respect. By storming out she brought ERYC into disrepute.
- Cllr West – her rant against me was bullying and not treating me with respect. By storming out she brought ERYC into disrepute.
As my complaint is against four Conservative Cllrs and the fact that Cllr West sits on the Standards Committee I believe it would be inappropriate for any Conservative Cllr to sit on the Committee to hear my complaints. Indeed I request that this does not happen.”
In addition I have raised further concerns with Caroline Lacey, ERYC Chief Executive, Alan Menzies, Director of Planning and Cllr Stephen Parnby Leader of ERYC and the Conservative Group.
“The three of you will be more aware than most as to the questions currently being asked about ERYC Planning.
I am sure you will be all condemn the shameful conduct of certain Conservative Councillors who sat on yesterday’s Planning Committee.
Our Planning Committees must always be seen as credible and most importantly a welcoming environment for any residents who would like to speak at any planning application must be the norm. We must ensure that never again is a speaker bullied as I was yesterday.
I would like to suggest the following:
- That the Conservative group replace the four Councillors involved yesterday from all Planning Committees until the end of this term in office.
- At the earliest opportunity all members sitting on a Planning Committee are given training.
- A public statement is made.
- The Conservative Group offer me an unreserved apology.
Hopefully once these four points are actioned residents will start to believe that ERYC Planning can be trusted. Public perception is fundamental especially at this time given the ongoing case of Mr GB.