On 14 August 2018 ERYC Director of Planning, Alan Menzies, mislead the Western Area Sub-Committee with regards the Planning Application for St Georges Place, Pocklington on Kirkland Street by falsely stating:
“The surrounding area does not have on-street parking restrictions”
Almost the full length of Kirkland Street has double yellows.
Upon my making the planning committee aware of the misleading information given to them by Alan Menzies the application was rejected 5 to 4.
- Four Conservative Cllrs voted to accept an application despite the fact that the information was false.
- Conservative Pocklington Provincial Cllr Claude Mole failed to raise the issue of the false information with the planning committee.
- Conservative Pocklington Provincial Cllr Kay West failed to raise the issue of the false information with the planning committee.
- Conservative dominated Pocklington Town Council failed to raise the issue of the false information with the planning committee.
When the above is consider in the light of Pock Provincial Tories Silence On Bungalows it is reasonable for Pocklington, Pocklington Provincial and East Riding residents to ask what is going on with planning at ERYC?
Why are the Conservatives constantly failing to undertake the checks and balances – the very reason they are elected?
Questions For Alan Menzies
- How can such a blatant mistake be made?
- How do you propose to prevent such mistakes being made in the future?
- How many similar mistakes have been made in the past?
- Will you be issuing a public apology for your mistake?
You must be logged in to post a comment.