On Tuesday I met with senior officers at County Hall to raise concerns and seek clarification regards the new Full Sutton prison following consultation with residents.
Of course much of what I raised is not for consideration at Outline Planning but in my role of Ward Councillor it is important to raise any concerns and/or suggestions at the earliest opportunity to ensure residents feedback is considered prior to public consultation.
The following are brief notes of what was raised and discussed.
Full Sutton Prison – General
- Overdevelopment – I believe the site to be overdevelopment if there cannot be adequate landscaping
- Condition – maximum number of inmates – If there is not a condition put on the application the number of inmates could be over 2,800 in the 1,400 plus cells. This is more than the number of electors in Stamford Bridge
- Sewers – the need to deal with fully on site.
- Liaison Group – Prison x 2, Ward Councillors x 2, Parish Council x 2 – After May
- Can the colour of the prison be made to blend in?
- Increased bus service – Stamford Bridge to Full Sutton. This will reduce road traffic
- Temporary Traffic Lights at the T junction in the village during construction
- Moor Road School crossing signs – realign and wrong side (already raised with Highways)
- Flashing School lights – as in Pocklington, Sutton Upon Derwent and Wilberfoss (already raised with Highways)
Moor Road/Moor Lane
As 9% of the traffic to the new prison is planned to go down Moor Road/Moor Lane the following was raised.
- Not construction Traffic
- Gritting of Brickyards
- A stop sign at the T junction (already raised with Highways)
- Extension of the 40 mph zone from Fangfoss to Wilberfoss to include Moor Road and Moor Lane
- Passing Places on Moor Lane
- Obstruction concrete bollard – this to be a give way to on coming traffic (already raised with Highways)
- Gully/bollards/accident Brickyards solution required (already raised with Highways)
- Outline Planning application – this is not expected to go to planning committee until Spring 2019
- Construction start – construction of the new prison is not expected to start until 2020
You must be logged in to post a comment.