When Pocklington Town Council cancelled the Festival of Christmas on Tuesday morning I was concern as to whether all risks had been identified and mitigated. Therefore I requested copy of the Risk Assessment.
Pocklington Mayor – Dean Hodgson
In an attempt to move my concerns forward in a discrete way I offered a one to one meeting with the Mayor Dean Hodgson. Bizarrely Dean stated he could not meet me on a one to one and could only meet me with the full Town Council.
- The risks from the weather to the public, be it high winds, rain, wet or lighting etc have not been identified and those risks mitigated.
- There is no evacuation procedure
- There is no mention of First Aiders.
- Without identifying and mitigating these concerns PTC insurance would be nul and void.
- In the event of injury or death to a member of the public, following legal action, this could result in PTC being forced to sell assets.
East Yorkshire Events
I have already referred my concerns to ERYC with regards the use of transformers that are not 100% waterproof. They have confirmed that they will look into this.
As the Mayor has declined my offer to meet with him I will now refer my concerns regards the Risk Assessment to EY Events.