Pocklington Town Council (PTC) revealed the results of the Consultation for the Neighbourhood Plan over the weekend and confirmed yet again they are all mouth and no brains.
- For eight years PTC failed to produce a Pocklington Neighbourhood Plan that could have shaped planning in Pocklington.
- Yet they constantly complain about Tory controlled ERYC allowing further house building in Pocklington.
- All three Pocklington Provincial ERYC Ward Councillors are now Tory.
- All three are former PTC Councillors.
- It is a Tory policy to build houses.
- All three agree to put party first (thus residents are at best second).
- A review of the Local Plan is currently in process.
- All three will support national Conservative Policy and support the building of more houses, especially in Pocklington by voting for this in the new Local Plan.
- None of the three newly elected ERYC Ward Councillors was in attendance over the weekend.
- Of course, they were absent. They know they failed for years while PTC Councillors to introduce the Neighbourhood Plan.
- Due to PTC Councillors failure and Tory policy, it is now too late for a Neighbourhood Plan as the overdevelopment has happened.
- The three Tory Ward Councillors will now vote for a new Local Plan that will force many more houses on Pocklington.
- The Neighbourhood Plan is still about two years away at best.
- The consultation period was launched in the run-up to the recent elections.
- This was surely not to deflect from the failure of the PTC Councillors who were standing for election as both ERYC and PTC Councillors at the time?