The Hambleton District Council (HDC) Leeming Bar Industrial Estate and surrounding areas PSPO fully ignores the findings of a report issued on 3 July 2019 by North Yorkshire County Council (NYCC).
The Current & Potential Impacts of Increased Overnight Parking by HGVs on the County Highway Network Report by NYCC highlighted that the main reasons are considered to be:
- The increase of such vehicles on the network
- The time limits on drivers
- A definite lack of facilities
- The cost of using them.
The most important aspect to achieve is to ensure Truckers buy-in. Fundamental to this is the cost of using Truck Stops.
The solution to the issues stated in the NYCC report and the reasons cited for the Leeming Bar PSPO is simple, achievable and cost-effective.
- Truckers should be encouraged to park free of charge on Industrial Estates
- Toilet blocks need to be built for Truckers on Industrial Estates
- Make a skip available on the Industrial Estates to prevent litter
Site Under Investigation
Why have HDC, NYCC and other councils failed to introduce this simple measure?
Could it be that certain business folk want to force Truckers onto expensive Truck Stops that are connected to Councillors?
Are Truckers aware that there are plans to build a new Leeming Bar Truckstop?
Why are the fields west of Coneygarth Services covered by the PSPO?
What is a ransom strip?
Are there any ransom strips at Leeming Bar?
Who owns the ransom strips?