Hambleton District Council (HDC) have accepted the statements that I made to them regards the Leeming Bar Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) as correct.
- Hambleton District Council (HDC) are aware that legislation states that ” A public spaces protection order may not restrict the public right of way over a highway.”
- As HDC are aware of this fact they should not have introduced the Leeming Bar PSPO.
- HDC is not issuing Fixed Penalty Notices to anyone who parks overnight and remains with their vehicle in the area covered by the Leeming Bar PSPO.
- The signage for the Leeming Bar PSPO does not reflect the Leeming Bar PSPO.
- To be in full knowledge that the Leeming PSPO is unlawful and unenforceable yet not remove associated erroneous signage is misrepresentation.
- HDC can not issue a Fixed Penalty Notice against those taking Direct Action in the area covered by the Leeming Bar PSPO.
I am now considering further Direct Action.
Leeming Bar PSPO Pig’s Ear – £6,800 Wasted
I can confirm that a review of the PSPO will commence next week when the consultation opens.
As not one Fixed Penalty Notice has been issued this will mean HDC have wasted at least £6,800 on a pig’s ear of a PSPO that is both unlawful and unenforceable.
I have requested a full copy of the consultation documents.
You must be logged in to post a comment.