I am aware that in relation to Covid 19 the East Riding of Yorkshire is in a Tier 3 area. But there is confusion as to whether East Riding residents can even drive their car to areas that are in Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 4 or other areas in Tier 3.
In the UK there are three types of “law”.
- Type A – National Legislation
We are all fully aware that murder, rape and arson etc.. are against the law as per National Legislation.
- Type B – Local Laws
In places where there are “local laws”, signs are erected to inform. Examples are 30 mph, a one-way street or a by-law against dog fouling.
- Type C – Covid 19
The “laws” in relation to Covid 19 are very confusing to us plebs. So how can Mr Policeman, aka Bobby, issue a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN)?
- Bobby must first consider if he believes that there is a breach of the “Covid 19 laws”.
- He must then establish that the member of the public, aka Dave, does not have a reasonable reason to be doing what he is doing in the location he is doing it.
- But, especially given the confusion, before Bobby can issue Dave with a FPN he must advise Dave that his action is in breach of “Covid 19 laws” and if he continues he will be issued a FPN.
Prior to all of this, no FPN can be issued and enforced.
Strangeway Drives His Car
Back to the beginning.
“I am aware that in relation to Covid 19 the East Riding of Yorkshire is in a Tier 3 area. But there is confusion as to whether East Riding residents can even drive their car to areas that are in Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 4 or other areas in Tier 3.”
If Bobby sees me alone either walking, sleeping in the outdoors or in my car in a County that is not the East Riding of Yorkshire and believes that I am in breach of “Covid 19 Laws” he must start the process described above with Dave before issuing a FPN.
Unfortunately for Bobby this time he is talking to Strangeway.
There are three simple stages Bobby must go through with Strangeway in response to:
- Am I obligated to answer that?
- Could you please provide the statute to support that opinion?
- I am unable to answer your questions until I have taken legal advice.
At this point, hapless Bobby is unable to proceed to issue a FPN as he has not established if there are reasonable grounds to issue one.
Issuing A FPN
To lawfully issue and enforce a FPN against Dave is relatively straight forward but any attempt to lawfully issue and enforce one against Strangeway is doomed to fail.
This is a story for another day!
I have now been fully transparent by publishing my position. Thus QED.
In Campaigns And Adventures Amalgamating I stated that:
“I am currently amalgamating my campaigning and adventures. I expect UK based adventures to commence before the New Year.”
Everything is now in place to take a significant stand for Civil Liberties against the Government’s fascist control of us plebs.
My car will leave our drive on Saturday 26 December fully within the “Covid rules”.