I believe we are starting to witness ERYC spin that claims to support residents but in truth supports the MOJ and abandons residents.
No Warning Signs
I offer three observations to the Court of Public Opinion.
There is much talk of the “New Prison Full Sutton Stakeholder Meetings”. Has anyone seen the minutes? In the public interest, I share minutes from the latest meeting.
Please see: New Prison Full Sutton Stakeholder Meeting Notes- 5 May 2022 Enjoy the read.
Why was the need to widen the road not mentioned at the meeting yet the following day certain folk was over the issue like a cheap suit due to the HGV incident?
Why did the “residents representatives”, who attended the meeting, not address this?
- Councillor Fiona Roberts – Full Sutton & Skirpenbeck Parish Council
- Councillor Matthew Edwards – Full Sutton & Skirpenbeck Parish Council
- Claire Findley – Clerk, Full Sutton & Skirpenbeck Parish Council
- Councillor Sarah Davies – Full Sutton & Skirpenbeck Parish Council
- Councillor Leo Hammond – ERYC Conservative Ward Councillor
Why did all three ERYC Conservative Ward Councillors for Stamford Bridge – Councillor Kay West, Councillor Paul West and Councillor David Sykes (aka the invisible three) not attend but representatives from Stamford Bridge Parish Council did?
On Wednesday Councillor Leo Hammond – ERYC Conservative Ward Councillor stated:
“Myself and representatives from Full Sutton and Skirpenbeck Parish Council have just had another meeting with the MoJ to discuss the lorry issues around the new Full Sutton Prison Development… In the short term, until the road is fixed a stop/go sign system will be used to navigate lorries past the incident site.”
Would Leo or those listed above from the Full Sutton & Skirpenbeck Parish Council like to explain to residents and other road users:
- Why they have agreed to the stop/go sign system only to navigate lorries (I presume only prison construction site HGVs)?
- Why the stop/go sign system is not 24/7?
- Why the stop/go sign system is not for all road users?
- Why did the stop/go sign system not commence on Thursday 12 May at the latest?
As it is agreed that a stop/go sign system is required there is clearly a danger to all road users.
So why have there been no warning signs of the danger put in place for six days?
Why are the ERYC and Full Sutton & Skirpenbeck Parish Council doing a spin job focused on backing the prison but abandoning residents?