ERYC Chief Executive, Caroline Lacey, has known since 2015 that ERYC did not monitor bullying since its creation in 1996.
ERYC Chief Executive, Caroline Lacey, Brushes Away Monitoring
For background, I refer to ERYC Bullying Deception Fully Exposed, in brief:
- This exposes how “ERYC do not monitor bullying and harassment and has not done since ERYC was formed in 1996”
- Conservative Councillor Kevin Beaumont correctly stated: “If this was available to the public they would be horrified”
- The start of monitoring was a direct result of my FOI in April 2022.
Chief Executive Knew In 2015
In response to a Freedom of Information request in 2015, on ERYC headed paper clearly stating: Caroline Lacey Interim Director of Corporate Resources
the current Chief Executive responded by claiming to hold evidence. Everyone now knows that this is a lie as bullying is not monitored. I was also the victim of ERYC lies in April 2022.
BY ADDRESSING THIS FOI IN 2015 CAROLINE LACEY DEMONSTRATES THAT SHE KNEW 7 YEARS AGO THAT ERYC DID NOT MONITOR BULLYING – BUT DID NOWT!
Chief Executive Position Untenable
The position of the ERYC Chief Executive is now untenable and she MUST clear her desk immediately.
She has now lost all respect of the full workforce, her cover-up will result in more officers leaving and will make it impossible to recruit. What a mess. Can it get any worse?
Given that Tory Councillors Cheer Not Questioning Officers will the 67 Councillors now continue in this mode or comply with the recommendations of the LGA?
I believe an Emergency Meeting of Councillors MUST be called to ask questions of Caroline Lacey. This should include:
- As you have covered this up for at least 7 years what else have you covered up?
- Given that this clearly demonstrates a failure of the ERYC Duty of Care in relation to bullying how do you propose to prepare for possible future legal action, especially a class action?
- Given this cover-up how can you prevent a further exodus of Officers?
- Given this cover-up how can ERYC attract future Officers?
- Will you be issuing a full, unreserved apology to all Officers, Councillors and residents?
- As we will now lose further Officers and be unable to recruit how can we fulfil our Statutory Duties?
- To quote Councillor Kevin Beaumont: “If this was available to the public they would be horrified”. How do you believe the public will be now, knowing that this has been covered up for 7 years?
- Do you believe you have committed Misconduct in Public Office?
- Was ERYC Leader Councillor Jonathan Owen aware of this cover-up?
- As Jonathan failed to address this cover-up due to dishonesty or incompetence do you believe his position is also now untenable?
ERYC is in a state of collapse.