There are 67 Ward Councillors in the East Riding of Yorkshire Council 20 of these are in the East Yorkshire Constituency. The Constituency covers the north of the East Riding from Stamford Bridge in the West to Bridlington in the East.
Of those 20 Ward Councillors 15 are Conservative, 3 are UKIP, 1 is Labour and 1 Independent. As the only Independent Councillor in the Constituency I have witnessed first hand how all the politicial parties conduct themselves and vote on issues that effect residents, business and others.
As I am in such a unique position, over the next seven weeks I will share my thoughts on the election.
- Greg Knight – Permanently Fix Potholes – May 29
- Knight voted for the Iraq war – May 10
- Knight voted against increasing the tax rate on income over £150,000 – May 9
- Knight voted against equal gay rights – May 8
- Knight voted for reducing central government funding of local government – May 7
- A Weaker Government – 20 April