East Riding of Yorkshire Council (ERYC) are failing countless SEND (Special educational needs and disability) Parents/Carers across the East Riding.
What is SEND?
A child or young person of compulsory school age is said to have SEND if they:
- Have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age.
- Have a disability which prevents or hinders them from making use of educational facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age in mainstream schools or mainstream post-16 institutions.
A child under compulsory school age has SEND if they fall within the definitions above or would do if special educational provision was not made for them.
- EHCP- Education Health Care Plan
- EYPCF – East Yorkshire Parent Carer Forum
- FISH – Families Information Service Hub
- IPSEA Independent Parental Special Education Advice
- LA – Local Authority
- LO – Local Offer
- SENCO – Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator
- SEND-COP – Special Educational Needs Code of Practice
- TYLER – The Young Leaders of East Riding
I invite requests from SEND Parents/Carers to expose the failures of ERYC they are experiencing.